Welcome to www.calacattatile.com
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT APPLY TO YOU.
Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. We take pride in the quality of the products we sell and offering great customer service is our top priority but if you think that something isn’t right, please follow the guidelines detailed below.
Natural stone is a product of nature and is therefore subject to natural variations of color, shading, veins, markings and texture from piece to piece. The typical variation of a stone is dependent upon the type of stone selected. No claims will be accepted after materials are fabricated or installed. We extend no guarantees; expressed or implied, as to slipperiness, wear resistance or maintenance procedures. All natural stone is subject to some wearing or scratching over time.
www.calcattatile.com is not a contractor & does not perform or contract for the installation of any product. www.calcattatile.com shall not assume responsibility nor shall it be liable for a contractor’s work or the installation of any of its products. Absent any specific instructions, generally accepted industry guidelines must be adhered to, including, but not limited to, Tile Council of North America Handbook & Marble Institute of America Dimensional Stone Design Manual.
www.calcattatile.com does not warrant natural stone products for shade, size, thickness, warping, cleft variations, surface finish variations, or other natural defects on stone products.
www.calcattatile.com DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. No agent, employee or other representative of www.calcattatile.com has the authority to create any other affirmation, warranty or representation, either oral or written, regarding www.calcattatile.com products.
Samples are offered to help our customers make better decisions by seeing the item(s) in person for approval. These orders are not considered as actual orders. We very highly recommend that you get a sample of a product before committing to a large order. Natural stone products have quite a bit of variation in terms of colors, shading, finish, texture, etc.; regardless of which product you choose or where you get the items from. Therefore, it is always the best for you to personally get a sample and approve it before placing an actual order.
ALL SAMPLES are NON-RETURNABLE. We only charge a small fee for our samples to cover our shipping expenses on these samples.
All items are subject availability at the time of shipping. If a certain item is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternate material with prior notification and notice to the buyer.
Immediately upon delivery, please inspect your tiles for accuracy of materials ordered, including quality, color and quantity. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to inspect all merchandise prior to installation.
ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIMS AFTER MATERIAL IS INSTALLED, CUT OR WORKED ON, OR PICKED THRU.
Any questions regarding the color, design or quality of tiles must be resolved prior to installation. Use constitutes acceptance and absolutely no adjustments or returns will be made thereafter. Any and all questions regarding acceptability must be resolved within 30 days of the date of delivery.
Installation of product is deemed acceptance of product and www.calacattatile.com shall not be liable for, and will not recognize, claims made after the start of the installation including claims of incorrect product; claims of incorrectly sized, colored, shaded, calibrated, or packaged product; claims of product not matching prior shipments; and/or any other product claims.
www.calacattatile.com shall not be responsible for improper installation of products. Material should be installed by pulling from all pallets or cartons to insure optimal blending of shade variation. We recommend that you order 5 to 10% extra to use for cuts and attic stock for future repairs.
Any additions or changes to the original order could delay the delivery date and may result in dye lot variation. We cannot guarantee color or shade matching from shipment to shipment.
Before being “set” all tiles must be “viewed and shuffled” by way of a dry layout. There is a natural range of color, veins and/or fossils that is inherent in this material and in order to get the proper mix, this viewing and shuffling process is imperative. Failure to follow this procedure could leave you with range of shades that do not properly flow together. Before setting any tile you must test your stone using the setting systems and sub-flooring systems you have selected for the project. To do this, a test patch must be made. This will assure you that you will be satisfied with the finished look of the product.
- You must use moisture sensitive thin set for all white marble to prevent water stains, or bleeding.
- Water must be clean. Use premium white thin set otherwise.
- You must open all the boxes and dry lay all the material to blend in before installation for customer approval.
- Extra material must be ordered for waste, cuts and material selection. We recommend minimum 10% for regular cuts and as much as 30% for diagonal cuts.
- Natural stone color, veining, and character varies. Samples represent only general characteristics of the quarry. There is variation from shipment to shipment and within each shipment.
- If your job requires more than one crate, it is your responsibility to blend the crates to make sure it will be accepted by your client.
- If you order additional material, it is your responsibility to make sure it matches the current lot.
- You must use grout release or sealer before grouting.
- We recommend at least a 1/8” joint in all installations to prevent expansion and contracting.
- Natural stone is a product of nature and it may have minor imperfections, pits, holes, fill etc. These are considered inherent characteristics of natural stone.
Customer is responsible for all costs related to shipping their products. All shipments are FOB warehouses. Thus, customer assumes full risk of loss or damage to the merchandise at the shipping point. Claims for damage, shortage or errors in shipping must be recorded on the original receiving documents and reported within twenty-four (24) hours.
Deliveries can only be done to regular, street addresses. Local Pickup is available. Please reach us for further details.
In the case of residential address freight deliveries, lift-gated CURB-SIDE delivery services will be provided. We do not provide inside delivery services and so, you would need to make arrangements on your own to move the products inside your property.
Generally, in the case of freight deliveries, carrier(s) will be contacting you at the phone number(s) that you provide to make delivery arrangements with you. (You'll be given a certain date and a delivery time window. And accordingly, you can make arrangements on your end to accept the delivery on the specified date and time). It's very important for you to do the receiving on the agreed date and time since carriers will be charging re-delivery fees (for which you would be responsible) if they cannot do the delivery to your property on the pre-determined date and delivery time window.
For commercial/business address freight deliveries, a loading/unloading dock will be needed at the receiving end and the materials will need to be offloaded with the help of unloading equipment (e.g. a forklift or a pallet jack)
Items can be delivered to both RESIDENTIAL and COMMERCIAL addresses. - Larger orders can also be sent to a trucking terminal in the buyer's area from where the buyer can pick up the materials.
Shipping rates given are for standard pick-up and delivery only. Additional storage and/or shipping charges and other warehouse charges will apply if Customer cannot be contacted, is not available, rejects the shipment, gave the wrong address, changed their mind, does not have the means to unload or is not prepared to receive product; or if product is redirected upon Customer’s request.
We are not liable for delays in delivery times nor is it responsible for extra labor or equipment costs arising from issues with the third-party transportation company or their equipment; or if a shipment is delayed, mishandled, or rerouted. Any claims arising against the transportation company must be filed and handled directly with the transportation company by customer.
If Customer decides to return goods, Customer shall arrange for and incur all shipping charges.
Sales of special orders, cut to size orders or discontinued and non-stocking items are final. Returns accepted only on STOCK MATERIAL and with prior approval. You may return undamaged items within their original box / packaging within 30 days of delivery for a full refund (LESS SHIPPING & HANDLING).
- A RESTOCKING FEE of up to 25% will be charged on ALL returnable merchandise.
- Only COMPLETE RETURNS are allowed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PARTIAL RETURNS, under any circumstances. We enforce this policy to avoid hand-picking, sorting and choosing of our products.
All returns must be properly packed. Tiles submitted for return that are received by calacattatile.com in broken, damaged or installed condition, will not be credited. Any credits issued for returned items shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of www.calacattatile.com
- There shall be no refunds or returns for custom, made to order, special order products, may not be returned or cancelled for any reason whatsoever.
- All returns must be authorized in writing, in advance by calacattatile.com. A copy of the Return Goods Authorization (RMA) must accompany the return for credit to be issued.
- Installed material may not be returned under any circumstance; installation whether full or partial constitutes full acceptance of all goods.
- Material that have been hand selected or culled through may not be returned.
- You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Once your return is received and inspected that it usually takes us 3-5 business days to process returns after they arrive at our location. We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we have it processed., We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
www.calacattatile.com shall not be liable for any delay in delivery or suspension or cancellation of performance or other failure of performance hereunder due to any causes beyond its control, including but not limited to, acts of God or government, labor disputes or inability to secure materials, labor or transportation. In the event of such delay, www.calacattatile.com time for delivery or other performance shall be extended for a period equal to the duration of such delay.